Waving goodbye to my 40s with a primrose yellow opera glove.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

She Did Good

Last year Sarah started her blog: Beauty 101.
She knows a thing or two and I was lucky enough to receive two recommendations that helped me look alive and prevented blindness. I know!

After shopping in a certain pharmacy I received a $5 off voucher for a cosmetics brand new to me. What was any good? Sarah made some suggestions and I bought the Ruby & Millie Cream blush . I've always been a powder and brush gal and was a bit scared at the density of the color but it goes on very well and lasts longer than my usual Lancome powder; smear some on the back of the hand and then dab and blend.

After reading Sarah's post about eyelash curling and thinking it was time to stop poking my eyes with a cotton bud to remove blobby mascara, she came up with the Tweezerman Folding Lash Comb: a smart thing and surprisingly easy to handle while juggling glasses and a mirror.

I was also reminded about the magical properties of Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and found a good offer in Duty Free. It's a mighty unguent and I don't care that it has been used on race horses.

So, while it is not possible to turn back time (whatever they say) and on this journey we're all heading south, yadda, it's a good thing to have the likes of Sarah sharing her know-how.

2 comments:

  1. You're so cute!!! YAYY! I am glad that you're finding my ramblings useful - that's wonderful and all I ever wanted out of the blog.
    Yee Haw partner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah - It had to be said, my unguent-enabler.

    ReplyDelete